Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The tricks and secrets of Baking

This link if for all those who love to bake as much as I do. With this you can now answer your own questions on which is best to use in your recipe - butter or  margarine! Here are all the secrets that you might have not known about baking...ENJOY !  http://www.pillsburybaking.com/bakers_corner/secrets_to_successful_baking.aspx

Ok, so this is more for amusement. Who on earth would think to do this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0lgg_qKaqw

3 comments:

  1. Yum!Yum! You made me want some cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the Youtube video about baking cookies inside the scorching car. At first I was skeptical, remembering how the urban legend about frying an egg on a hot sidewalk was debunked by Mythbusters. I must saw this video got me thinking. Imagine if/when we're able to efficiently harness solar energy to replace electric/gas ovens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks essence, I always wondered why specific ingredients were necessary in baking, like what makes the dough rise and why baking powder is so different from baking soda. cool :)

    ReplyDelete