Monday, January 24, 2011

Starting from scratch...

\Click This !
 
This hyperlink will bring  you to an interview between Jessica Harris  and Mia Bauer, the co-founder of Crumbs Bake Shop, "one of the leading gourmet cupcake businesses in the country." Bauer shares with us her story of her rise to success. You see, Bauer wasn't always the baker that she is now. She actually started her career as a lawyer but after achieving all she could in her council she yearned for a career change, she just didn't know what exactly. However, her early experience from living around a kibbutz in Israel arose her passion for baking. Bauer explained how her mother baked a lot when she was younger and as she watched her mother, her passion grew. After receiving various signs that opening up a bakery was the best option, she and her husband finally did just that.

I was inspired by this interview in many ways. Like Bauer, baking is not my first carreer choice instead I would like to be a couple's/childs psychologist. Baking is something I like to consider as one of my hobbies. Yet and still while listening to this I couldn't help but to think, "What if I get bored with my carreer like Bauer eventually did?" Hopefully that would never happen but if it did would I resort back to my love for baking? If so, I hope I would be as successful as Mia.

No comments:

Post a Comment