Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Adventure to the CremePuffery #1

On Friday, February 4th,2011 I had my first official meeting with my sponsor. The picture (left) is the actual cremepuffery. The owner is Ms.Charlene Napoleon who unfortunately became sick prior to my visit so I didn't meet her in person. However, an employee by the name of Chrissy told me of Ms.Charlene's rise to success and needless to say I was more than impressed.
Ms.Charlene started her business in a small ice cream truck which is located right on the premises.She went to local flea markets and eventually when word got out about her delectable treats her business begin to soon take off. Even with all her success, Ms.Charlene does not believe in advertising her business. She prefers for customers to come by preference of other costumers, more of a word of mouth approach.
The thing that separates this cremepuffery from any other is that the puffs are not store bought or ordered online but handmade on sight. Therefore, whenever a costumer buys a creme-puff they are assured their puffs are fresh.
I was amazed that the puffs were made out of three ingredients..that's right three! They are whipped with big mixers until the mixture turns into something smooth and creamy. Once the mixture is smooth and creamy it is placed in bag which is used to squeeze the dough on to the cookie sheet. The batch could fill approximately seven to eight cookie sheets,  producing 168-192 creme-puffs each batch. Once all the cookie sheets are filled they all placed in the huge ovens.
Another aspect of the bakery I was able to witness was the rush. It was the Friday before Superbowl XLV so there were many orders coming in for the different treats the puffery had to offer. There were green and yellow as well as black and yellow steamers being made in order to decorate the boxes for the puffs.
Although I wasn't able to get my hands dirty this time I'm sure I will soon enough. Until my next adventure...!

3 comments:

  1. Nice post E $. It was probably not the smartest idea for me to read it before lunch since I'm so hungry, and reading about your experience is making me drool. The name Creme Puffery just sounds so delicious(I'm so fatt),but I wish you luck on your further visits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog entry! This, by the way is the gold standard. I think this will be a great match for you, and who know's - maybe you can do what Ms. Charlene did. I'm so inspired by people who create a career for themselves, starting from nothing but fueled by their dreams1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Ess. I'm sure you had a wonderful time. I hope your future visits go as well as this one, if not better.

    ReplyDelete