Friday, February 11, 2011

Adventure to the Puffery #2

Feb.11,2011 - During my second adventure to the Puffery, I must admit, I was bored.  I know that we (my mentor, my sponsor and I) all agreed that during the first few visits I was just supposed to sit back and watch how things are done but, I'm tired of waiting and watching! The best part of baking is the "mess" like making the dough - that's the part I enjoy the most. However, with me acting as a witness I can't enjoy it. Needless to say, I can't wait till the upcoming visits where I can finally get my hands dirty!



Even with the boredom that occurred, I still found interest in (what the employee's consider) the "Ribbon room" as shown in the picture above. The Ribbon room is a room filled literally floor to ceiling with ribbon. Ribbons are used as decorations made at the customers request to fit the order. For example, if it's a holiday like Christmas the employees usually gather green, red, and white ribbon to decorate the boxes/trays but ribbons can always be customized by  the customers. The best part is that this request is FREE!

What I'm finding that I love about my sponsor visits is that the Puffery genuinely cares about their customers which is something you don't often find in bakeries. The Puffery aims to please in every way and I hope if I were fortunate enough to open my own bakery that I could please my customers as they do.
Well, until my next visit......!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing a picture of you smeared with creampuffery stuff.

    ReplyDelete