Monday, February 28, 2011

Be Stress-free ; Find Your Serenity (Choice*)

There are many ways to relieve stress and find your inner peace. I like to think that some people resort to, what I consider to be, the “old-fashioned” way of relieving stress. What’s the old-fashioned way you ask? Well, that could vary anything from crocheting to cleaning or taking long nature walks alone. It seems to me that over time people have turned to technology as a way to relieve stress. Instead of stressed fingers crocheting they are now texting away.  The tranquilizing journals have turned into traumatizing blogs that causes more trouble then their worth. Case and point the teacher that considered herself venting on a blog but wound up in trouble because of her harsh words on how she described her students’ animalistic behavior. If she would have resorted to the old-fashioned journal then her thoughts would have never been revealed for the world to see and her career wouldn’t be at stake.
I consider my various way of relieving stress to be old-fashioned while still keeping up with the times. When I have some thing(s) on my mind I like to get out all my baking ingredients and get to work, while other times a nice book will ease my mind just find. Like most people, I like to listen to music to lift my mood. Then there are times when I can just sit in a quiet room by myself and not do anything but think. Everybody has their own way to relieve stress. What’s your’s?

3 comments:

  1. We picked the same "My Choice" topic this week, Ess. :) I didn't know that reading could be a way to relieve stress. I might add that to my list. You should check out my blog and see my three ways of stress relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looking at this blog helps me relieve stress. Meaning it is the most appealing with pleasant visuals and smells. I thought hearing that teachers blog was kind of amusing, but I am with you if she resorted to the old fassion model it would have made for less confrontation. I however think stress is not always a bad thing because it allows you to enjoy the not so stressful times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once read that texting is a replacement for a stress reliever from the old days: smoking. A few generations ago, nearly EVERYBODY smoked, especially when they got fidgity.

    I need to condition myself to see working out an running as a way to relieve stress, and Lord knows I have some of it with my 13 year old daughter!

    ReplyDelete