Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Adventure To The Puffery #3


It happened - the time has finally arrived! As we all know, from my previous posts, I’ve been anxious to get my hands dirty and participate with making the actual puffs. This go-round I was able to just that and boy, was it an experience!  We started off with putting the dough on the trays; you could tell the difference of the puffs that were created by me (the deformed puffs) and the puffs that were created by the “experts”.
The girls all laughed at my attempts while reminiscing on their first times making the puffs. Once I seen the disasters I was creating, I kind of shied away from finishing the batch.Even though the girls encouraged me to continue, I didn't want to mess up anything. After all, this is somebody's business!
I also helped make the pistachio filling for the puffs. That wasn’t as bad but I was so nervous to splatter all over the place. One of the employees explained how on one of her first days she splattered the boss!  I can only imagine what a seen that turned out to be.  

Overall, this was my favorite visit. I’m glad that things finally turned around and now I’m able to be more “hands-on”.  I’m looking forward to my next visit. Until my next adventure…..!

1 comment:

  1. Have heart. Your puffs will soon be aesthetically appealing.

    Please see me about a grammar error that made me want to ram my head into a cinderblock wall out of frustration. Can you find it? It is a blotch on an otherwise amazing entry.

    ReplyDelete