Sunday, May 8, 2011

Director's Cut (Choice*)

For Mother’s Day my mother and I went to the movies to see the new production, “Jumping the Broom”. I personally thought the movie could have been better. I don’t know exactly what but something was missing. Overall, it wasn't a “bad” film but I thought it could be better. It’s funny because when walking into the movie theatre I ran into the lovely Deja Lee who just so happened to watch the same movie. Throughout the film I thought about how much of a better job Deja could have done with the movie. When discussing our thoughts on the play Deja agreed that it wasn’t exactly the best movie. I mean there was a great cast & the plot was somewhat of hit but, something went wrong. If I was a professional critic I would give the movie 2.5 out of 4 stars.  I also realized that producers/directors have a lot of obstacles to overcome when writing/directing a movie for the simple fact that everyone is a critic! There’s no doubt in my mind that my fellow classmate, the lovey Deja Lee, can beat the odds and produce/direct an outstanding film no matter the genre. I just hope she has the tough skin necessary to endure the criticism, be it good or bad. 

4 comments:

  1. Not to come at your neck or underestimate the abilities of Deja, but I think you are being a little presumptuous by saying that Deja cxouold have done a better job because you dont know that for sure. I'm not saying that she couldn't, but we haven't seen any films by Miss Lee. By the way Senorita Dinero stop being a psychophant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement shaq! smh. But Ess that is so sweet and I hope I can prove you right in the future.... matter fact I know I can. But as you know I have an acquired taste:) most people either love me or they don't. So bring on the critiques!! n_n

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some movies aren't meant to be great. If all movies were "great" we wouldn't know what bad is. It's good to experience the bad to better appreciate the good! I am in to video editing also, and I believe that my short film "A Band's Dream" will be worth your time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems to me that if someone is investing millions of dollars into a film that they would take better care to avoid mediocrity.

    ReplyDelete