Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Bad Case of Senior-itis (Choice*)


They’ve warned me about it, I’ve should’ve listened. Not saying I didn’t think it would happen to me but I didn’t think it would happen so vigorously. What I’m talking about is “Senior-itis”, folks. For those of you who are confused “Senior-itis” is a when a senior like myself just basically gives up on school. I could careless about doing work, coming to class/school on time, just showing up to school period! After all these years of working hard in school & the end being so close, it’s like constantly being teased. I’m ready to be able to relax, not answer to anyone, not wear ridiculous uniforms. Honestly, if it was up to me, I would only come to school for senior trip, prom/promenade, and last but certainly not least GRADUATION! It’s so close I can almost taste it. I’m trying to persevere my laziness but the truth of the matter is - it’s hard. I’m literally counting down the days, hours, minutes, seconds until I hear that bell ring for the last and final time. Don’t get me wrong my high school career has been enjoyable for the most part however, I’m ready to move on with my life. I swear after the AP test (which is this Friday) I’m officially done with school - you’ll be lucky if I show up to class. I'm done running in this hamster wheel  & I think my fellow seniors can understand where I'm coming from! Nevertheless, I'm going to try to make the most of our 30 -someodd days left.

1 comment:

  1. That's the fighting spirit. You can do it. One senior from the project who graduated last year said that her project was the only thing that really helped her keep her head in the academic game!

    ReplyDelete