Sunday, May 1, 2011

Prom (Connection*)

Over the last week all I could think about is prom. I’m so anxious to get pampered for a day just to be treated like the Elite for a night. I love to get dressed up, I love seeing other people at their best. It’s going to be wonderful seeing everyone not only out of the stupid uniforms, but in their finer fashions displaying their individuality.
Which brings me to my connection. Being as though my dress is strapless I prefer my hair to be styled in a up-do and while looking a various styles my aunt asked me, “Why do you HAVE to wear your hair in an up-do?”. I replied that that’s the way it’s supposed to be and then she asked me, “Well, who said? Who made that rule?”. Of coarse I didn’t have a direct answer and that left me thinking, who said I couldn’t have my hair down past my shoulders? I also thought about Juju because she always asked what exactly defines beauty. I could just wear my hair down despite what “they” say…I think either hair style will be beautiful. In my opinion, every individual person has their right to do whatever they feel the should do to capture their beauty.

1 comment:

  1. Essence - you will be beautiful either way. It's your night and you should look the way you would envision yourself to be! (Personally, I like the idea of your hair down but again, it's your choice).

    ReplyDelete