Sunday, April 17, 2011

Talk With Trip #7 (Choice*)

Earlier in the week, Mrs. Trip and I had somewhat of a misunderstanding. You see, the theatre class had started a new project which Mr. Flood ( Mrs.Trip’s student teacher) had introduced. I’m working alongside three guys, all of which has a strong presence on the stage. So to compliment not only myself but the three guys I was trying to pick a script which benefited each and everyone of us. However, all my ideas where being shot down by the boys because of whatever reasons. I begin to get frustrated because there I was by myself trying to please every one and I wasn’t receiving any help. The problem came when I finally found the perfect script, “The Three Little Pigs” and Mrs. Trip told us we couldn’t do it. I felt restless and irritated because like I said, no one had tried to help me and I had to keep in consideration everyone’s strong suits and weaknesses just to be told “no!”. Because of all that, I shut down. I didn’t want any parts of the project anymore. I was no longer going to stress myself out. Mrs. Trip seen my mood change and needless to say, wasn’t too happy herself.
The wires were crossed because Mrs.Trip hasn’t been in the loop when it came to this project. So we were both wanting different things to be accomplished with my group. Instead of me just relaying that message to Mrs.Trip, I shut down. This wasn’t good because that only made the situation worse. Which goes to show you sometimes you have to say directly how you feel or what you mean. No one will be able to understand you unless you do so....

No comments:

Post a Comment