Sunday, April 10, 2011

When life gives you lemons...make Lemonade! (Choice*)

I like to think of myself as optimistic. I don’t like to think of the glass as half empty but half full. Does that make me the fool? Of coarse not! I’m the type of person where I try to turn a negative into a positive. If I’m put in a sticky situation I’m going to try to make the most out of it or at least learn a lesson. The way I see it, life is a teacher and since we’re living our class is in session! Now whether you choose to receive that lesson and grow from it is on you. College is a-coming faster then we all know it. I hate to say it but, part of me is not ready for it. I don’t want to grow up yet. However, time waits for no man and unfortunately I can’t pause or rewind time. I have to go with the flow. Life isn’t always going to be sweet. Things don’t always work out, time and people often change. Regardless, I refuse to pout about it. I’m going to pick myself up by my own boot straps and keep marching on. Yes, when life hands me lemons - I’m going to make myself a tall glass of lemonade and keep moving forward. What will you do?

1 comment:

  1. You are so correct, Essence! You expressed life with a mature outlook and I am confident you will leave here with a positive attitude that will help you succeed both in college and in life. I wish all of our kids could look at life that way - it's all about attitude!

    ReplyDelete