Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cake Boss (Adventure/Connection*)


This week hasn’t been my version of a “productive week”. I wasn’t able to talk to my mentor or able to make my sponsor trip! Yes, I know some “Tsk Tsk’s” are in order but before you throw stones let me explain myself! On Friday I wasn’t able to attend school because I woke up sick as a dog that morning which also meant I had to miss my sponsor visit…leading to me missing the biggest test known to man - My Driving Test! It was like a domino affect. One that ,with just my luck, would happen to me on April Fool’s Day. I guess I was the biggest blame fool after all ( no pun intended…wait, can I say that there?)

Anywho my sick day wasn’t all in vain, while laying around in my agony I came across one of my favorite shows, Cake Boss. Buddy Valastro, the cake boss himself, is the proud owner of Carlo’s Bakery. It’s a family owned bakery which he inherited when his father died and Buddy is doing a fabulous job continuing the success. The best part is the bakery is located right in New Jersey (Hoboken, New Jersey to be exact) so of coarse after watching an episode I tried to persuade my mom to take me to the bakery. Needless to say - she refused, saying my fever wouldn’t allow the road trip. I won’t be defeated though…I just plan on making that trip another day when I’m not sick. Well until next time….Peace. Love & Bake*

6 comments:

  1. The way you took a negative and made it into a positive is laudible! To get into the Cakeboss the way you did is almost like making a sponsor visit. I hope that one day you make it up to Hoboken.

    I'm going to make sure I keep this entry as an example to future senior project seminar students!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Essence I just got to say, I love the way you write love! I think it's so interesting. You just have a way of really grabbing the reader's attention, and this cake boss event is so much more interesting just because of the way you tell it. Oh, and if you go to Hoboken, pick me up a cupcake girl.

    (Though he's in Baltimore, this is still a show you should check out, if you haven't already)

    http://www.foodnetwork.com/ace-of-cakes/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved watching the food network: Paula Deen, Rachael Ray. I also use to watch ultimate cake-off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to watch Cake boss faithfully. The things Buddy and his crew can make with cakes is seemingly infinite. You know what would be funny? You atttempting to concot something eloborate out of cake (lol). I'm not saying I doubt your ability, I just think it would be very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Cake Boss!!! It actually happens to be one of my favorite shows on TV right about now. I'm sorry that you were unable to take your driving test the other day. I too had to reschedule my driving test because my car had to go in the shop. Hopefully we both pass and can take turns driving to Carlo's Bakery together. Sounds pretty tasty to me(LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must say sometime I cant even pay attention to your blogs because your page looks so good. But on another note I'm happy to see you are enjoying yourself nd experience new things.

    ReplyDelete