Thursday, March 10, 2011

Adventure to the Puffery #4 *


In my previous posts I complained about yearning to get my hands dirty and from my last visit all that comes to mind is the old saying, “be careful what you wish for because you just might get it.” Last Friday I walked into the Puffery thinking I would start making puffs and cream just as I did the previous visit but boy, was I in for a surprise. Instead I spent my time folding and placing stickers on boxes. I was also told to go into the back room and make sure the ribbons spools were accurately ordered. I must admit that this was one of the most boring experiences I have encountered in my young life.
Even though I was bored half to death I was still able to obtain some business knowledge. You want to make smart business decisions that are cost effective.  When running a business you must stay within your budget. You cannot afford silly mistakes such as missing ribbon spools. If the color isn’t popular you shouldn’t buy a huge quantity because that could possibly waste your money. 



Overall, my trip was boring but it was still effective. I realize it takes much more the then the baking aspect in running a bakery – you have to also be a business person. Unfortunately, this Friday I will not visit my sponsor. Instead I’ll be busy preparing for my school’s upcoming musical “Suessical the Musical!” in which I star as the Sour Kangaroo. Until my next adventure…! Peace. Love & Bake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment