Sunday, March 27, 2011

Meeting Anthony Wellington...(Connection*)

In the beginning of the week I was honored to meet Mr. Anthony Wellington. Who is Anthony Wellington? He is a bass player…better yet a bassologist. He eats, sleeps, breathes the bass guitar. I know you’re probably thinking what does a bass player have to do with an inspiring baker? Well, I have to admit I asked the same question to myself when I walked into my school’s band room Monday afternoon.  I was welcomed by the tunes of “What you won’t do for love” by Bobby Caldwell - one of my favorite oldies.  Everyone in the room was swaying, humming, tapping their foot, or snapping their fingers. It reminded me of one of the summer nights at my family barbecue and that brought a smile on my face.
Once he was done playing and everyone applauded, he began telling his rise to success. Needless to say, we all started taking notes. He reassured us that whatever we want to do that we should have a passion for it. Wellington defines passion as, “if God came down, tapped you on the shoulder and told you He would take it (whatever you want to do) away & you would be penniless – would you still do it?”  If yes, that’s your passion! That made me think…is baking my passion? It’s something that I love to do and most of the time I don’t do it for money so yes, it’s possible it is that baking is my passion. He also stated that “You don’t get a do over with time, but you always get a do-over with money”. So whatever you do make sure you’re not wasting your time, because we can never get back time. I appreciated the fact he was able to speak to each and every one of us – even if we weren’t inspiring musicians. For that I have to say Thank You, Mr. Anthony Wellington !

No comments:

Post a Comment